Monday, December 02, 2013

I see a bad moon rising....

So, today I had my latest doctor appointment.

Blood pressure was perfect.  Cholesterol was all good, well except for the good cholesterol, that was just a lil low.  Everything was good....cept for the A1C (my long term diabetes count).  It went up from 8.5 to 8.8. :(  But after telling her I recently got the treadmill and talking for quiet some time about the stress and anxiety I've been having and what we're going to do about it, she didn't end up yelling at me as I feared she might.

Honestly, the A1C wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  And I was ten pounds less than what I thought I would be.  SO both of those are good things.  Unfortunately, none of that makes up for the worse A1C score.

But I do love my doctor. Amanda is such a great doctor. She listens to me, is very easy to talk to, is very understanding, and I never feel as if she's rushing me along to get to the next patient (all things that were the opposite with my previous doctor).  And she's never yelled at me...although she has been stern.  And rightly so.

But anyway, here's a graph of my A1C....disappointing though it is.

POLT

No comments: