Sunday, December 08, 2013

Oh the weather outside is frightful....

Two weekends ago, we had predictions of a big storm coming our way mid-week.  Ten inches of snow possible the day before or of Thanksgiving.  It turned out to be a dud, nothing but rain.

Today, we were forecast to get a storm, but we'd have 1-3 inches of snow and then some sleet and freezing rain.  Not too bad.

Course, now we are in the midst of getting anywhere from 4-8 inches of snow...with freezing rain on top it later tonight.  Ugh.

But it's not too bad for me personally.  I dont have to go anywhere tonight or tomorrow, so I'm in for the duration of this thing.  I've got plenty of food and Diet Coke, Diet Snapple, water, wine and beer.  I've got the heat up, my little personal heater on keeping my feet toasty warm, the Christmas lights on and the blinds open (for a bit longer) watching the snow fall and football on TV all day.  It's a good day.

Now, I'm just concerned for all my coworkers who just got off work at 4:00 and hope they all get home safely.  There's a huge 20 car accident on the interstate near my work.  


It's been there for a few hours, though, so it's not like any of them are in the accident.  But still, the interstate is shut down, as you can see.  Hopefully there aren't any deaths.

UPDATE: Interstate closed at 11:30, reopened at 3:40pm.  Only two people hurt and taken to the hospital.

POLT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah - I'm all stocked up. But get this my job is all telecommute now. But if we get iciness my power will definitely go out so I can't do the work. Grrr.

Michelle M. said...

So glad I don't have to deal with that! Glad you're staying warm : ).