Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, but I think I'll miss this one this year....

Today, I got up at 8:00am...on a day I had off.  I KNOW!   How in the HELL did that happen?

Anyway, I did so for two reasons. 1) I was tracking my new computer and it said it was going to be arriving today before 8:00pm and 2) BET was replaying the entire Roots miniseries from the 70s and I wanted to watch it.

So, I watched Roots straight through until about 5:00.  I just couldn't do the last couple hours.  I stayed with it throughout the entirety of Kunta Kinta's life, from his birth until we saw his gravestone.  But I just couldn't stay with it any further.  I mean, 9 hours was enough I think.

At about...oh, 230 or so, there was a knock at the door and there was the FedEx guy (unfortunately, not a cute one, but eh, whatever...) with my computer.  I signed for it and now it's sitting in my living room.  I'm going to wait until I have a free day to set aside to get it all set up and running.  Not that I think it's going to take all day, but I want to have the time available if I need it.  So I think I might do that Sunday...unless this computer goes totally tits up before then.

Today also I got some reading done, did a load of laundry, wrapped most of the remaining Christmas gifts I have (the others I wont need to have wrapped until next week), went to Rutters to get a quick supper, and now I'm settling in to watch "It's A Wonderful Life."  I've only seen this all the way through just once, so I'm going to watch it again tonight, all the way through.

And then I'll be changing the bedsheets (thats something that I laundered today) and then going to bed.  With visions of sugarplums (or something) dancing in my head.

Not a bad Christmas Eve, all in all.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

More like "sugar buns". Ho ho!

Merry Christmas Polt!