Thursday, December 19, 2013

So Corey, stopped by last night, and for about two hours, we talked, caught up, and had a good time.  He also looked into my computer issues (he works on computers for a living).  He ran some diagnostic thing that didn't finished before he left.

When I got up this morning, it had rebooted again, like it frequently does.  When I logged back in, I got a "clunk" noise and a window telling me something like "There is a problem with your hard disk.  Backup all your programs and then contact the computer manufacturer to see about repairing or replacing disk."

So yeah, that cleared a lot of things up for me.  The computer's not new, I've had it several years.  I'm not going through all the bother.  I'll just buy a new one.  Going to order a new Dell tonight (or tomorrow).  As long as this computer keeps chugging along until I get the new one, everything will be fine.

So if I'm a bit light on the blogging for a lil bit, now you'll know why.

POLT

No comments: