Saturday, December 14, 2013

Oh the weather outside if frightful....

So I had a big weekend planned.  

Today, work, then the family Christmas in the early evening, then my friend Michelle's Christmas party in the late evening, then tomorrow, early afternoon Christmas shopping with A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking and then we'd both come back here and watch the Cowboys game.  Fun times, right?

Wrong.  

Today they've called for a pretty bad winter storm.  So I didn't want to get caught in it at work, so what I did was get my fat ass outta bed at 4:00 in the morning (no I dont know how I did it either) and get to work a bit before 5:00am.  And before the storm hit.  My plan was to do the initial intake on any clients that were there and then come home. Which is what I did, but we only had ONE client there.  I was done before 530.  So I came home, got gas, got breakfast from McDonald's, came home and ate it and was back in my bed by 610am.  And this is when I normally dont even set my alarm to ring until 615 am!

So I laid in bed and read and putzed around on my phone and slept some, getting back up out of bed about noon.  Then so far this afternoon, I've taken an hour nap around 200pm and just woke up from a second nap (not sure how long that one was).  My entire sleep schedule's all screwed up.

But that's not all.  Because of the weather, we've postponed my family Christmas until tomorrow, at 1230pm.  So none of that tonight, and no shopping with ALCMDPP tomorrow.  which bums me out.  But we're still gonna try to watch the game tomorrow night.

And all of this I found out about 100pm, which at the time, we still had no sign of the storm.  Oh it had snowed a bit in the early morning, but the roads and sidewalks and such weren't even covered just wet.  Of course right now, it's been snowing for a few hours, and they're calling for very heavy snow as the night progresses, something like 1-2 inches and hour at times.  So yeah, with that happening, I wont be going to Michelle's Christmas Party either.  And if it piles up TOO much, we may not even be having the family Christmas tomorrow. (what, oh what, will I do with the deviled eggs I made then!)

And on top of all that, my computer is STILL acting wonky.  This is the first time I've been able to get on it and actually use it all afternoon. SIGH.  Trapped in my house, during a snowstorm with no computer!  (Well I DO have my iPhone, so I'll still be connected).

Funny how something like the weather can just totally wreck a wonderfully full and planned weekend.

POLT

No comments: