Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 122 & 123)...

Chapter 5, Page 3...

Sunday morning, I got up way earlier than I should, like 9AM. And on my DAY OFF!  I got up and got breakfast at Rutters and ate it here at the house while reading the paper.  I putzed around online and then showered and then headed up to mom's.  She had made sausage, potatos and peas.  But the sausage had a weird taste to it.  Not like it's rotten, just like it was spiced wrong.  I didnt eat all that much of it, which was okay, actually, as I was still pretty full from breakfast.

I came home, did a load of laundry, read some.  And then I decided to take a walk (see below), a 3 mile walk.  After that, I got something to eat, and then turned on Netflix and started watching the Daredevil miniseries.  And DAMN it's good!

Following that, I just went to bed.

CHAPTER 5, Page 4...

Monday, I got up about..GROAN....8 am.  I showered, dressed, grabbed something quick and some coffee from Rutters and then, when showed up in her car, I got in mine and we drove to Hagerstown in both cars.  We took them to the car wash there and got them all cleaned up, armor alled inside, tire treatment, and they even gave us our choice of fragrance! (mom took lemon, I took cherry).

We drove to Lowe's.  I wanted to get a window blind for one in my bedroom that's damaged.  And we found one...except when we saw the cost, we were like NO WAY!

We got into MY car and went to Sam's, where we picked some stuff up.  And then to Ollies where we checked out the books.  Then we drove to Target to check out the blinds...only to find when we got there, they don't carry blinds.  So I bought a candle instead.  Next we went to the outlets, where I checked in the Fat Man's Store (aka Casual Big And Tall) for some shorts.  They didn't have anything I really wanted, and they were expensive anyway.  So after this, we drove back to Red Lobster and chowed down on delicious food!  I dropped mom off at her car and we headed back to Waynesboro. I went to Wal-Mart, where I found blinds and shorts, and a few other things I needed.  Then i stopped by the Dollar Store for some air fresheners and the to Hallmark.  (See, when I got all my 18 or so cards for the month of May last week, I totally forgot about Mother's Day.  So I had to get them).  After this, I stopped by mom's to drop off the things she bought and left in my trunk.  And then I came home and relaxed.

PHEW!  What a day.

Later on a contractor came by to give me an estimate on working on my back porch and balcony.  I want the wood and wrought iron replaced with that vinyl stuff.  And I'm getting three estimates for the work.  This guy was one.  (another one came today, mom showed him around while I was at work, and another is coming Thursday).  After this, I ate supper and decided to take a walk to mail some things.

Also, later in the evening, I had another blast of the anxiety, like I had before.  I had no idea why...other than while walking I was thinking about how by the end of summer mom's house, the one I grew up in, would no longer be...well available to me.    It wasn't a pleasant experience.

I had it all night, and into Tuesday as well...sigh....

POLT

No comments: