Monday, May 11, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 129)...

Chapter 5, Page 10...

Welcome to Mother's Day!  This morning, I got up, putzed around online a bit, then showered, read the paper and then sat on the front porch and finished reading the book I was on.

The plan was for me and mom to go for lunch at KFC, and then Monday for lunch, I'd take her somewhere special to eat for Mother's Day.  But the night before, I had a change of plans.  If she wanted to, I'd take her to Frederick, to Friscos, for lunch, and then maybe we'd hit Barnes & Noble, the STORE, to see what I could see.  I called her and told her and she was amenable to the change.

So, I got to her house about 11:15.  My cousin and her son were there, but as we were leaving, they left first.  Then we headed out.  We got to Friscos slightly after noon. I had my usual: South Of Market sandwich, with no tomatoes, and a bowl of spicy bean chili.  After starting at the expansive menu for a bit, mom chose the Coit Tower: a baked potato with turkey and cheese.  It was a hot meal.  But both looked REAL good and tasted even better!  See?


(Yes I DID order my sandwich without tomatoes, but they put them on anyway.  So I just took them off and enjoyed the food anyway).

Following stuffing our faces full of food, we went to B&N.  Even though I wandered the place for a lil bit, I only found one book!  Crazy!  I did NOT use the coupon I had gotten online, because the book was already 20% off and as I was a member, I got an additional 10% off.  So it was all good.

I brought mom home and came home myself.  I putzed around a bit, and then called her to see if she wanted to go to Wal-mart, but she didn't answer.  So I headed out on my own.  And when I got home and put the stuff away, I decided on a walk.  It was a longish walk, 2.62 miles in 41 minutes.  Here's the map:


When i got home from the walk, and showered (cause it was HOT outside and I was very sweaty.  And to be honest, a bit sunburned as well), and then I made supper: leftover's from Saturday's late lunch: two hambuger patties, deviled eggs (made by mom), mac salad and I finished off a few crumbs left in the chip bag.  Delicious!

I had borrowed all 5 seasons of Babylon 5 on DVD from Phoenix, and I put the first disk in the blu-ray player and intended on watching the first episode.  Except when I turned the TV on I was on a Disney Channel, and they were just starting the movie "Brave".  Well who DOESN'T love an animated movie they haven't seen before?  So I watched that instead.

When it was over, I went to bed and read a bit, before turning out the light, close to 11, and going to sleep.

POLT

No comments: