Friday, July 05, 2024

Music, music makes the people, come together (Part 4)...

 Musical Memories

In the mid-90s, over a period of 5 or 6 years I went to a Halloween party thrown by friends of my good friend Amy.  The parties were in Harrisburg PA.  Amy and I (and sometimes someone with us) would get dressed up, pile in the car and drive up there on the Saturday before Halloween.  The party was a blast.  But that's a story for another time (see HERE). 

On at least 4 of those trips to Harrisburg, while Amy and/or I were driving, with the radio playing, somehow the same song came on each year!  It's crazy!  It wasn't even a current song at that time.  And we had, I'm sure, different stations on, at least one year we had to have had a different one on.

At any rate, any time I hear that song played now, I'm instantly back in the car, riding with Amy, in a cool October evening, on the way to Harrisburg.  

And that song?  "Blister In The Sun" by The Violent Femmes


PS, 
This song came out in 1983, well over a decade before our trips.  
PPS, 
This song also reminds of "My So-Called Life" where Angela dances around her room to it in her obligatory oversized flannel shirt.

POLT

No comments: