Sunday, October 30, 2005

Trick or treat, the bitter and the sweet....

For a period of time in the mid-90's, I went each year to a Halloween party in Harrisburg PA. This is a ROCKIN party, where the house was filled with costumed partiers. And I pretty much planned each time on getting shit-faced, fall-down-and-pass-out-in-your-puke drunk! not that I enjoyed that part of it, but the getting to that part was just inCREDibly fun. Oh the Host and Hostess: Dave and Sandy, were just a blast! I mean, people came from as far away as Pittsburgh each year just for this party! We played quarters, which is usually what resulted in my drunkness, although a home made concoction Dave called "Witches Brew" that always had dry ice floating in it, MIGHT have had something to do with it as well.

At any rate, except for the first year and last year I went, I always had an award winner costume. And I thought I'd post photos of them from each year here. (and yes, Phoenix, I DID use my scanner for these!)

Firstly we have me going as a vampire. As I said, nothing out of the ordinary, a good costume, but just not spectacular. That would change.
Next year I went as a Jewish grandmother, accent and all...although as the night wore on and I got drunker and drunker, I think the accent went from Jewish grandmother to sloshed sad drag queen.
Next we have the Floor Of A Movie Theater. I thought of this like the Wednesday before the party. Needless to say, it was quite a hectic deal getting everything together and ready to go before Saturday. but I did it. With good results, may I add.
After this I went as an Prison Inmate. The jumpsuit and shirt on my head were borrowed from an actual jail (although, they were thoroughly washed before I wore them). The neck tattoo was temporary. The handcuffs were mine (blush). And the knife you see in my hand was borrowed from a friend's husband who was sick and couldn't go. And somewhere, at some point during the night, I lost that knife. Have no idea where it went.
Then we have the Underwear Drawer. Yes, that IS a bra on my head, that IS a string of condoms at my neck (which i got use later that night, as my boyfriend at the time accompanied me this time), that IS a maxipad stuck to my left shoulder, and that IS a stain on the back of the white boxers on my arm...but it's jsut a chocolate bar, nothing else.
And finally we have, a candle. This was a great idea, that just didn't pan out the way I wanted it to. And the orange headress thing is supposed to be a flame...but I had to explain that to so many people, I don't believe it worked well.
Feel free to make use of any of these ideas, if you need them. And Ihope you enjoy them as well as I did.

POLT = listening to "Abide With Me" sung by Perri Alleyne

Our credit cards are fake and we've been saddled with an unfair existence, so why not splurge? - Morph, The Exiles #11

No comments: