Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Bring it home Mom says The car won't make it...

You may have heard I've been sick.  Blech.  Feeling better today, my sore throat is almost gone and I've snotted a whole lot less today than over the weekend.  Now, the cold has moved to my chest and I've got a deep cough, but at least stuff's moving.  Yeah, attractive, I know.

I'm tired and worn out and I dont feel like doing anything.  Which is exactly what I should do so I can get over this.  But Mama Polt, once again, put me to shame.

She told me over the weekend that she had made some taco stuff, so if I wanted any tacos, I could come up and get some.  On the way home from work, I called her to see if I could come by and get some.  She said sure. 

When I got there, she was wearing old jeans and t-shirt and they were quite dirty.  And her face was flushed.  I asked her what had happened.  And she told me.

Today, she power washed the patio, and the basement porch.  Then she painted some boards to put on top of a shelf in the newly painted dining room and display things.  And then she went into the back yard and cut limbs off trees and bushes, so many that she now has four large bundles tied up in twine waiting to go into the trash.  And then she came inside once I got there and made me three tacos.

And what have I done since I've gotten home?  Put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and ran it and harvested crops on Farmville.  Oh, and ate three tacos.

POLT

4 comments:

Tam said...

Good lord. I'm exhausted just reading about it. Hope I have half her energy at her age. Okay, half her energy at my age would be a bonus. Glad you are feeling a little better.

Polt said...

Oh and yeah Tam, I forgot to mention she's SIXTY EIGHT FREAKIN' YEARS OLD!!!!!

HUGS....

Adam said...

Glad you're start'n to feel better!!

Michelle M. said...

Mild mannered Mama Polt by day... SUPERMAMA by night (or maybe it's the other way around)!