Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm checking out the people in the window...

I had six of my window replaced.  Three the month before I moved in, and three last summer.  So it's time to do it again this summer.  The guy that did the first batch retired, cause he's like 70 something years old and ahs a bad back.  And the guy that did last year's work...well, he did an okay job, but I honestly wasn't impressed with either his product or his abilities.  Not a bad job, just...okay.  So i wanted to find someone else.

My plan was to get a few estimates, take the best and go from there.  At a trade show mom was at recently, she talked to this guy who does replacement windows and got his number. We called him and he came by today.

And oh my GOD, is he hot!  I don't think  he's even 30 yet, although he's probably close.  And he was F, I, N, E, FINE!  Best of all though, his estimate for the three windows was only $1200 and some change.  And that includes the extra work needed done on the kitchen windows.  There's a splash guard up in front of both windows to a depth of about a foot behind the counter.  I want both of the new windows to start at the level of the splash guard.  So fixing that with aluminum on the outside and insulation on the inside and new window sill is that way to go.  And that's included in the $1200 price.

So tomorrow, I figure I'll give him a call and tell him I want him to do that job.  He said they were three to four weeks out, so that means he'll do it sometime in the end of June.  And he said the whole thing should take half a day!  The other guys took over a day! 

I do like this guy.  And he's easy on the eyes as well.  It's a win-win!

POLT

No comments: