Monday, May 16, 2011

Spring Cleaning Everyone needs a reason...

I am exhausted.

This morning, as planned, Mama Polt came to my house.  Together, we moved all the furniture out of my living room and cleaned it, including dusting, vacuuming, and even cleaning the windows.  Then we moved everything back in, be rearranged stuff.  I was tired of the old setup, I'd had it since, well, hell, I don't know, 6 months, a year?  But we moved stuff around.  It can only be this way until the fall, though, because the sofa is covering the main baseboard heater in the room.  But it'll be good over the summer.

Then we went to the bedroom, stripped the bed and moved the king sized mattress off and propped it up.  Then we swiffered and vacuumed under the twin box springs, flipped the mattress over and put new sheets on the bed.  Then while I vacuumed the rug, mom took it upon herself to clean the windows. 

I have two windows in my bedroom.  One of them, she damn near pulled the windowpane out of the frame!  They're replacement windows and can be pulled inwards.  And in the other window, as she was pushing the window back up, she cracked it.  In the upper left corner.  *SIGH*  I'm gonna get the bathroom window replaced with a replacement window, and mom said she'll just ask the guy about replacing the cracked window IF the windows aren't covered still in some warranty.  Oh, and then we put the air conditioner in the bedroom window.  I don't need it yet, but now when the heat and humidity first hits, it'll be there.

After this, we sat in the rearranged living room and rested and then I took her to Applebeeds for lunch.  Least I could do, I figured for her helping me. 

I spent the rest of the day laying around doing nothing but feeling beat...beat like a bad dog.  I'm still not totally over that cold, I've still got something in my chest that makes me cough like every 20 minutes or so.  But at least I'm moving stuff when I coudh, so that's good I suppose.  But having this damn thing for three weeks just sucks.  But I'm chalking some of my tiredness up to that cold too.

I'm in fact thinking that I'm going to get to bed here before 10:00, so I can get a full night's rest.  And start fresh tomorrow, cause tomorrow is the day of work for this week.  Whoopee.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Wow - Mama Polt is strong. Maybe she should play Wonder Woman. Congrats on all the cleaning. Take care of yourself!