Wednesday, October 19, 2011

False salvation, lost translation, I leave you with nothing at all...

I discovered the Online Translator, and decided to have some fun with it.  I typing the following in English:

"Michelle M. is awesomeness itself.  Tam is from up north.  Adam is a ginger who loves plaid.  And Craig doesn't bother to post anymore." 

Then I translated it from English into Czech, from Czech into French, from French into German, from German into Greek, from Greek to Hebrew, from Hebrew into Spanish, and from Spanish back into English.

And the result I got back is as follows:

"Illuminated single Mr., Mrs. In the North. Like the person of ginger. Craig was not concerned."

Something got lost in the translation, eh?

POLT

4 comments:

Tam said...

That made me laugh out loud. The person of ginger. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

It's like the old game of telephone. You get a group of people and you pass a message down the chain of people and that have it pass back to you.

The message that you put into the system gets a little big garbled and transmogrified by the time it gets back to you. In some cases you may have a certain superpower ascribed to you.


Kind of makes you wonder how the Bible got written. It started by being passed person to person, then finally committed to print a very long time later.

So it's likely that, to paraphrase Family Guy, Jesus abilities were just a tad exaggerated.

I hope I didn't shake your faith TOO much.

adam said...

HA! Love it!

Michelle M. said...

How fun!