Monday, January 14, 2013

So the first weekend of the NFL Playoffs, I was totally on, getting four out of four right.  This past weekend, though, I didn't do quite as well.  I picked only 1 winner correctly, that being the New England Patriots win over the Houston Texans.  The other three games...nope got them all wrong. Not good.  But then I didn't post any predictions here, so I'm SURE that's the cause.

In order to prevent that from happening again, I'll just post my predictions for this week right now.

AFC Championship Game: Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots.




I don't really care which team wins this, I would be happy to see either one in the Super Bowl.  But in order to make my prediction, I state this one NFL truism: Don't ever bet against Brady, at home, in January.  Oh he's not won EVERY game there (in fact, I think the Ravens beat them there in the playoffs a few years ago). , but he's pretty damn tough at home in the playoffs.  So in this game, I'm going with the Patriots.

NFC Championship Game: San Francisco 49ers at Atlanta Falcons




I detest the Washington Redskins with every fiber of my being.  The only thing worse than the Redskins in the Super Bowl would be the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl.  And the only thing worse than that would be the San Francisco 49ers in the Super Bowl.  So one would think I'd be picking the Falcons.

But honestly, the Falcons just haven't....impressed me this year.  They've  got the best record, true, but they've not been dominate in the way the Patriots or Broncos or even the 49ers have.  I honestly do not think the Falcons are capable of beating the 49ers.  So one would think I'd be picking the 49ers.

However, my emotional dislike of the 49ers trumps my logical reasoning, so, in this game going with the Falcons.  And whole LOT of crossed fingers, and lucky horseshoes, and rabbit's feet and stuff.

POLT

No comments: