Thursday, January 31, 2013

BITS-N-PIECES

I hope someone can explain this to me.  I have four sets of bedsheets, white, black, blue and grey. I have 8 pillows on my bed. I have always had enough pillowcases for each set.  But now, I've discovered, I somehow have 9 black pillowcases and only 7 white pillowcases.  After ALWAYS having 8 of each before!  how in the hell does this happen?
************
Last week, a co-worker and I went to a local used bookstore with $200 in hand and bought books to replenish the library at work.  We didn't buy a book over $3, and thusly were able to get 66 books.  In addition, we discovered as we made our way to the counter, that the store had a promotion going on.  For each order over $30 you get a free t-shirt.  So we divided the books into two sales and each got a t-shirt.  here's mine:

It reads, "Read as if your mind depended on it!" and it's got the store's info on the back. Nice.  And it was free, so Nice-R!
************
Speaking of tshirts, here's ALCMDPP and my Christmas gift to him:

You see, he bragged about voting for the Mittster, just to cancel out his wife's Obama vote.  And plus he knew his state was going for Obama anyway, so it didn't matter.  But I thought he should have something to proudly commemorate his willfull and wasteful throwing away of his vote.
************
I took this pic a few weeks ago.  Got to love that license plate on a little blue car! 


************
And speaking of Doctor Who, here's a photo for you.

Not sure who did the artwork, but it looks familiar.
************
I love that the local Sam's Club has installed do-it-yourself checkouts.  There's never a line and it always go so much quicker than with a cashier.  Just like the Wal-Mart in town and the Grocery Store I normally go to.  So convenient, so fast.  Love it.
************
Why do guys set up a profile on a gay hookup site and then put in the note about themselves, "Not interested in hookups" or "I don't do hookups, dont ask"?  Seriously?  What, when you think Grindr is a place for intelligent conversation?  You gonna find your true love on Growlr?  You gonna find your soulmate on Scruff?  You gonna find your future husband on Adam4Adam?  Really?

Fellas, when you go to McDonalds you dont expect a seven course meal with lobster and champagne, when you go to Auto Zone you dont look for lipstick, and when you listen to Fox Noise you don't expect to hear facts or actual news.  Just so we're clear, when you put a profile up on a gay hookup site, don't expect anything more than a GAY HOOKUP!  Sheesh.
************
I think this is hilarious.

Although that tall one is pretty damn frightening.
************
And of course, the Obligatory Bits-N-Pieces Eye Candy.


POLT

2 comments:

vuboq said...

I beg to differ with you about A4A/Grindr/etc ... As far as I know, nothing on the home pages of those sites say they are "Gay Hookup" sites. That's what some guys use them for, which is cool. BUT, I have had interesting conversation and met several guys who I have dated for, not long-term, but quite some time, on A4A. SCGB met his BF of two years on Grindr. You get out of it what you put in it. At least those guys who say "no hookups" are stating their intentions clearly and honestly. That's a breath of fresh air, don't you think?

Polt said...

Hmm, hadn't ever thought of it that way. I always figured they were hookup sites, so the guys that explicitly said, "no hookups", to me always sounded pretentious. Like they were so better, so above a hookup. And if no hookups are their gig, well good for them, but it boggled my mind why they'd express it on, what I considered, a hookup site. Kinda like going on an NRA forum just to express your support for gun control.

HOWEVER, having said that, and considered what you wrote, perhaps I was wrong in my judgement of them.

I suppose my main issue isn't that guys cant' find more than hookups on those sites, its just that the ones that say it upfront seem...judgemental, or prentious, like I said.

Course, maybe that's just me being judgemental of them.

Hmmm, something for me think about.

Intellectually stimulating as always, VUBOQ! :)

HUGS....