Monday, January 28, 2013

Sunday is Super Bowl XLVII, the Baltimore Ravens vs The San Francisco 49ers.    I'd give you my prediction, but let's take a look at them objectively.

1) The Cities
Baltimore.  

I've been to Baltimore, the Inner Harbor is nice and the cities has several nice venues for plays and such. Other than that, the city is a trash heap.

San Francisco.

I've never been here, but it looks beautiful, what with the hills, and cable cars, and Golden Gate Bridge, etc.  And The Castro is Ground Zero for gay life in the USA, if not the world.

Winner: San Francisco.
********************
2) Mascots
Baltimore: The Ravens. A large corvine bird having lustrous, black plumage and a loud, harsh call.  In other words, a scary creature of the night that makes a frightening sound, a group of which is called a murder. Intimidating and fear-inducing.


San Francisco: The 49ers.  People who flocked to California's Gold Rush in 1849.  In other words, a band of scruffy, greedy gold hounds looking to get rich quick, a group of which is called prospectors. Sad and pathetic.


Winner: Baltimore.
********************
3).Team Colors.
Baltimore: Purple, Black, Metallic Gold and White.
San Francisco: "49ers" Red, "49ers" Gold.

Winner: Um, you DID see the color purple listed, right?  Baltimore.
********************
4) Season Records/Including Playoffs/Total %
Baltimore: 10-6/13-6/68.42%
San Francisco: 11-4-1/13-4-1/75%

Winner: San Francisco
********************
5) Coaches.
Baltimore: John Harbaugh

50 years old, Baltimore head coach since 2008.

San Francisco: Jim Harbaugh 

49 years old, San Francisco head coach since 2011.

Winner: They're brothers, just a year apart in age, so I'm calling this one: Tie
********************
6). Quarterbacks
Baltimore: Joe Flacco.

Looks, meh. He's the only quarterback in NFL history to take his team to the playoffs in the first five years of his career.  And he won at least one game in each year's playoffs.

San Francisco: Colin Kaepernick


Looks...WOW!  But it's the first time he's been to the playoffs.  And I've seen this kid in interviews and frankly, he's a punk.  His self-confidence is so great it's actually arrogance.

Winner: Despite the experience of Flacco, it's hard for me to vote against a hot, ripped tatted guy.  Even if he is an arrogant punk.  San Francisco
********************
7.) Big Name Players.
Baltimore: Ray Lewis, future hall of fame defensive player, has been with the Ravens all 17 of his years in NFL.

Ray Rice: Future hall of fame running back.  And a tight, built, little fireplug of a hottie.

San Francisco: I can't even name another player on their team.

Winner: Baltimore
********************
8) Geographic Location to me
Baltimore: 78 miles away from me
San Francisco: 2769 miles away from me
Winner: Baltimore
********************
9)  Geographic Location to the Super Bowl
Baltimore: 1123 miles from New Orleans Superdome
San Francisco: 2263 miles from New Orleans Superdome
Winner: Baltimore
********************
10) Polt's Pick
I'm rather ambivalent about the Ravens, but I don't like the 49ers and would absolutely DETEST them winning another Super Bowl.
Winner: Baltimore

So there you have it: Baltimore 6-3-1.  According to my (non)scientific analysis of the teams involved, I think Baltimore will win this Super Bowl.

Let's go Ravens!

POLT

3 comments:

Tam said...

Wow, that is interesting about the coaches. Freaky. I guess their parents are very proud... and hoping for a tie game. You can't win that one as a parent.

I'll cheer for San Fran since I've been there twice and it is a great city. Baltimore I was only to once. Although the Ravens do have the cooler symbol.

Michelle M. said...

I'm going to go with the bird team.

Tam said...

Okay, since that dick-head made his homophobic comments, I'm cheering for Baltimore now.