Saturday, January 12, 2013

So today, I felt better.  Not really well, but better than I have in a few days.  Hopefully, I'm at the end of all this.  But then I saw online Kris said he had the flu.  So we messaged back and forth.  I basically asked him if he needed anything for it, and he said yeah, but he never took medication, so he didn't what he needed.  All he knew was that he was coughing up all kinds of phlegm.

So after work, I got him some Mucinex (cause that stuff knocks the chest congestion right out of ya!), some Advil for aches and pains and fever, and some orange juice cause Vitamin C never hurts.  And when he let me in, he was all wrapped up in a blanket and just looked all kinds of sick.  I felt so sorry for him.

I gave him the instructions for the Mucinex, had him take some Advil and told him to continue drinking
water.   Which he did.  In fact, he had an empty Pepsi two-liter bottle there that he had filled up with water when I told him before leaving work to drink a lot.  And he said he'd keep drinking that too.  So I hugged him and came on home.

I was planning on watching football all night with A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking.  And when he and I were enjoying the game earlier, I got a call from Kris.  We had talked before and I said he could call me and tell me anything anytime.  He said he wouldn't want to bother me, wherein I assured him he wouldnt do that.  So tonight when he called, he reminded me of that conversation, and I said, sure, whatever he wants or needs to talk about.

So he then told me a friend of his from the Army, a guy he had known so well they called each other brothers, this guy called Kris.  He told Kris that he is diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor and has three months to live.

Kris was obviously and understandably upset.  He didn't really want to talk about it, but he wanted to tell somebody.  I was as supportive as i could be, but really, what can you say or do in a situation like that?  I asked if he needed anything, and he said just some time.  So I told him, I'd be in touch with him tomorrow and to stay strong and know that I loved him.  And to continue to rest and try to get better.

Man, a bad flu AND hearing a good friend is going to die soon.  And here I thought *I* had bad days.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Hugs to Kris. I'm glad he has you to look out for him.