Tuesday, January 01, 2013

So, welcome to 2013 everyone.  Let's do a little New Year's Day housekeeping.

First of all, this year I read 31 books this year.  That is quite a drop from a few years ago when I was reading 50 couple a year.  For this, I blame my iPhone (that I got in October 2011).  Prior to the iPhone, every night when I went to bed, I'd read whatever book I was currently reading, sometimes for only a few minutes, sometimes for an hour or more.  But since I got the iPhone, that time is spent checking email/Twitter/Facebook/Grindr/Growlr/or playing Angry Birds.  But despite the time wasted on the iPhone and not reading, I still managed to read a book, on average, every 11.5 days.

And what was the BEST book I read all year?  By far, the best is Persian Boy, by Mary Renault.  It's about the eunuch Bagoas who became a favorite of Alexander The Great.  While Bagoas is the narrator and main character, it's basically a book about the time of Alexander The Great and his life and conquests.  It's historical fiction, but one that I found very informative and interesting.  I would highly recommend it.

This year, I saw 53 movies/DVD TV sets. This too is quite a bit fewer than previous years, but I can't blame this on the iPhone. In fact, I dont really know WHY I saw fewer films.  I guess the crap Hollywood's putting out currently just doesn't interest me much.

What was the BEST movie I saw all year?  "The Walking Dead" Season 1 was pretty darn good.  The movie "W./E." was an interesting historical drama.  But the best movie all year?  "The Avengers".  Hands down, no doubt. (and yes, it was head and shoulders above the abysmal and disappointing "Dark Knight Rises"....but that's another post) "The Avengers" is, as I may have mentioned before, The.  Best.  Comic. Book. Movie. EVAH!

Each year at 12:01 am on January 1st, I like to think my virginity is reborn (thank for the idea VUBOQ) and I like to see how long it takes me year to lose it. Again.  Well in 2012, I lost it before I even went to bed that morning, cause Kris spent the night.  I'll let you all know when I've lost it this year.

Remaining on the slutty whore statistics, this year I had sex 90 times, with 23 different guys, 14 of them new guys that I had never been with before.  I haven't tallied up previous years, but I'm going to assume these are average yearly stats.  And yes, I am a slutty whore, I've accepted it and don't need any of your judgements.  Moving on....

I took no vacation this year, home mortgages can kinda put the crimp on those kinda things.  I did however get to spend a night in DC with Paul and Travis and got to experience a bit of the nightlife there.  I also took a two night trip to Richmond VA, my first time there, to hang out with Kris.  Had a pleasant time walking around a part of downtown Richmond.  Other than that, no vacations for me.

I was in one minor car accident, which meant I had to go without a car for a few days while they fixed it. I did not put any new replacement windows in the house, but did put two new storm doors on instead.  I got rid of a love seat (it's got a home in the ParisPeking's basement) when mom gave me another recliner she no longer wanted.  I got a new pair of glasses and do not recall getting really sick the flu at any time this past year.

And so yeah, that's how this past year worked out for me.  How was YOUR 2012?

POLT




No comments: