Sunday, October 28, 2012

It is 5 years ago today that my father died.  

It seems like it's been so much longer than that, and yet at the same time, I can't believe it's been a whole 5 years.  You can read about it HERE.

I've been so wrapped up in the coming hurricane I hadnt really thought about it that much at all.  Which is unfortunate.


But here's a photo of dad about a week before the end.  He really couldn't get out of bed at all. And Angel's at her customary place: on the bed with dad.  Even after he was dead, she remained on the bed with him.  And she stayed there even when they came to take the body away, she wouldn't get down.  We had to physically pick her up off the bed.  She's a good dog.

Anyway, this isn't a good or pleasant anniversary, but it's one I couldn't let pass.

POLT

2 comments:

Alex said...

Big hugs :(

Michelle M. said...

Aw, I'm sorry Polt.