Monday, October 15, 2012

So my weekend...

Got off work Saturday, came home here and just pretty much...well blobbed.  Went to bed before Saturday Night Live even started.  I had a pretty hectic Friday and Saturday at work, and that's all i felt like doing: nothing.  And then sleep.

So Sunday, I got up, putzed around a bit more, started an anti-viral on the laptop, and then went to moms. We went to eat at a local place,  The Parlor House.  Broiled haddock, yum; big salad with two containers of dressing, yum; cheap prices.  Course, I was the youngest person there...and mom, at almost 70, was probably the second youngest, but the food's ALWAYS tasty!

After this we went to Lowe's.  I ordered new stormdoors for the front and back doors (the ones on there now are ancient and falling apart), and had to go back to fill out the contract with the contractor.  Found out it's possible they might have to rebuild the doorframes (or something that holds the door itself), they won't know until they get the old doors off.  I feared something like that, cause honestly, the doors really are a mess.  So if that's the case, depending on what needs done, the cost may be $800 instead of the $500 and some I was thinking of paying.  But we wont know anything until the actually get here.  SIGH.

I came home and watched football. A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking was supposed to come over to watch the Dallas game, but since two of the four females at his home were puking their guts out, he decided to stay home and help out there.  So I watched along as Dallas lost a close game.  And then saw the Redskins beating their opponent.

About 6:30, before the game was over, I decided fuck it, I wasn't gonna watch this.  So I thought I'd just go take a walk.  I was supposed to pick up Kris at work at 7:45, but I figured I only normally walk a half hour or so, that'd be no problem.  So off I go.

While talking the walk, my friend Duff and his wife pulled their truck over next to me and we talked for probably fifteen minutes. Then when I started walking again, I got all wrapped up with the music was iTunes was playing and ended up walking longer than I wanted.  When I got home it was 730!  (since I obsessively keep track of these things, I walked 2.24 miles in 47 minutes at a rate of 3.8 mph)

I drove like a madman trying to get to Kris' work (Bob Evans) in less than 15 minutes.  Didn't work.  Got there about 755.  But, luckily, the restaurant had gotten slammed with people, so they pulled Kris off host, and had him be a server, and he still had tables to take care of when I go there, so we didn't actually leave there until almost 900.  I sat on one of the benches in the vestibule and putzed around on my iPhone.  I thought it was funny how his coworkers kept sneaking peeks at me.  I'd just smile and wave at them.

So when he was finished, we headed out, trying to find a place to eat.  We settled on Wendy's.  Uber healthy food for a diabetic at 930 at night. *SIGH*  Then we came home here, showered together and went to bed.  We fooled around a bit, but both of us were pretty tired, so we went to sleep.

And man, I do love sleeping with him.  Told him that this morning too, but already knew it cause I've told him before.  it's just so comforting and comfortable.  But anyway, even though we went to sleep about 1130, we slept in this morning until nearly 1000.  And then after some bedtimesexxyfun, we dressed and headed out.

We went to Wal-Mart got a few things (he a new work shirt, me milk and who knew Wal-Mart had such a large selection of sugar free cookies?  Sugar free fudge grahams....yum!).  Then we went to Cafe del Sol and had a delish lunch.  We returned to my house, hung out here watched a few episodes of That 70's Show, had some more bedtimesexxyfun here in the living room and then I took him to work.

Upon returning home, I decided to take another walk (2.24 miles in 35 minutes at a rate of 3.8 mph), then had supper and then I set down to do this while waiting for Monday Night Football to start.

I doubt I'll watch all of it, cause honestly, I'm still pretty tired.  And i gotta get up for work tomorrow.  So we'll see.  Oh and also on Sunday I did two loads of laundry, and chipped a filling in a tooth I'll have to get fixed sometime soon.  But otherwise, yeah, and pretty good weekend, all in all.

POLT


1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

This post made me hungry.

Good job (again)on the walking!