Monday, June 17, 2013

Kris and I haven't hung out in a while.  He had quit his job and had roommate trouble and was basically just concerned with rent and food, so his phone and internet were turned off and I had no way to contact him.  And I didnt want to just stop by the house cause, well honestly, I didn't know if he still lived there or not.

I'd see him on line very occasionally with an update "Hey I'm alive everyone I'll be in touch" etc etc.  So then last Tuesday he was online and we chatted, deciding that I'd stop by Thursday.  Which I did.  We talked and caught up and made further plans to get together today and go see the new Superman movie.

Now, last Saturday, A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking and I went to see it.  I just  figured I'd see it again with Kris today.  Unfortunately, the movie was s HUGE disappointment (review forthcoming), so I had no desire to see it again.

So when i got to Kris' today (and after he got ready because he had thought I was coming over at 11 instead of 10), we decided to instead go to Frederick to eat at aka Friscos.  And it was, as always, delicious!  After this, we went to the local comic book store so I could get a few graphic novels I needed.  Then to Barnes & Noble, where I bought only one, yes ONLY ONE, book!  Then we started home.

But it was only 12:30 or so, and Kris didn't have to be at work until 5.  So in trying to come up with something fun to do, I suggested miniature golf.  He said he had never played it, which surprised me.  So putt putt it was!

We left the highway and got on the parallel road that would take us there.  On the way we passed the local gay bar, The Lodge.  Kris saw it for the firs time and was totally surprised at how it wasn't at all like he thought it would look.

But then we reached to gold course.  Since it was a Monday afternoon, the place was not at all crowded.  Which was good, because Kris had something of a rough time at first, it being his first time ever playing.  He did however score a two on the hole I despise and hate with a passion and this time I got a 6 on it.  Still at the end, I scored a 62 and he a 73, with par being 68.  He thought he sucked but I told him getting only 5 over par on your first time playing isn't bad at all.

Of course, at one point, after having chased an errant ball over onto the green of a hole we had already played, he said, "Black guys can't play golf."  I said, "But Tiger Woods-" He glared at me, cut me off and snarled, "ASIAN!  Tiger Woods is Asian."  "Well, he's half black" I countered.  But he just added, "Black  guys can't play golf."

Playing this game had us out in the sun (I still feel a little hot from it all, probably am a bit red), and when we were done, we stopped at store and got some water and continued on back into Hagerstown.  it was now only 2:30, so we still had time to kill and I suggested a walk around City Park.  And off we went.

It was a beautiful, if warm and humid day, and we enjoyed walking around and through the Park. And I'm sure I got more sun and redder there.   As we started, I decided to start my Walking App and track this as a walk.  When we were finished, we decided we'd go walk around the Mall a bit, and halfway there, I realized I still had my app on.  So, according to that, today I walked 3.28 miles in 37 minutes....but half of that is probably in the car. So I'm not counting this towards my walks.

At the Mall, we walked the entire length of it, not getting anything except when we wandered into the new F.Y.E. and I got the first season of Spartacus for $19.99.  Then I drove Kris to his house where we hung out, cuddled on the couch, listened to music and talked.

Finally it was time to take him to work, and I got him there at 4:50.  Tentatively we have plans to hang out again next Monday, or if he has to work then, some night next week.  But what this morning I feared would be a horribly boring day re-watching the Superman movie, was instead a fun filled day of spontaneity.  And a fun time spent with Kris, as the vast majority of times spent with him are.

POLT

No comments: