Saturday, June 01, 2013

Dead Or Alive?

I have never done drag (unless you count that time I went to a Halloween Party as a Jewish grandmother....but I don't.).  But I've decided that should I ever do so, I'd dress up like Flo from "Alice", only wearing a red and white checked dress (similar in pattern to the black and white top shown below), and I'd go by the name Ethel Copafeel (for reasons I'll not go into now).  And the song I would do when performing, would be this one:



"I Know What Boys Like" by The Waitresses.

The Waitresses, in addition to this song, had the hit "Christmas Wrapping" and did the theme song to the short, underappreciated and awesome "Square Pegs" TV show.

What does all this have to do with Dead Or Alive?

Today's person is Patty Donahue, The Waitresses lead singer!


Miss Donahue was born in 1956.  She was the lead singer of the Waitresses from 1978 until the band broke up in 1984.  After her retirement, she gave up on the music industry for a private life.

So tell me, Patty Donahue, is she... Dead Or Alive?

POLT



7 comments:

Tam said...

I'll go alive.

Ryan said...

I'll say soon to be dead but still alive.

stratcat45 said...

Loved that video!! She's dead.

Anonymous said...

Something in my dim memory says she died sometimes in the 1990's.

Michelle M. said...

I think I recall something about her being dead.

Amie said...

Dead.

john said...

She, unfortunately, is dead.