Thursday, June 06, 2013

Put some fruit on your family tree...

So Grandma's been in the local hospital with her heart problems.  This morning, mom said she was going to have a catherazation and not open heart surgery due to her age, supposedly today.

This morning, mom also said my cousin Tim was chasing a spider around his house but he lost it.  And then when he picked up his inhaler and took a shot of it, he felt something moving in his mouth and it was the spider!  He spit it out and killed it.  But he felt like it had bitten or stung him or something inside his mouth, but shrugged it off as just something that happens.

So mom called me this evening to tell me they had taken grandma from the local hospital to a larger one in a nearby town for the catherazation, but then admitted her.  The doctor who was going to do it said he didn't think it was a good idea, and wants her to have a stress test tomorrow to see if she can handle it.

Then, mom called me back a bit later to tell me Tim had had trouble breathing, had driven himself to a hospital where he lives up around Herhey PA, and they had admitted him, because they still dont know what the problem is, or if it's related to the spider or not.

And after that, mom called me back again to tell me Tim's father, Nick, wasn't feeling right this afternoon and drove himself to the local hospital to get checked out, and they admitted him for a stress test tomorrow.

My mom's sister is my grandma's daughter, Nick's wife and Tim's mother.  And her daughter, my other cousin Faith, is pregnant and due to give birth later this month.  And after a call to her, my mom has confirmed she's fine and having no problems.  So far.

It's crazy how these things happen, isn't it?


POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Hope everyone is okay.

And holy crap - that inhaler story is like something out of a horror movie!