Tuesday, June 18, 2013

There are three people that work in my department.  One of them has broken her hand, she's been off work since the beginning of June and will apparently be off until the 26th, at the earliest.  Also, over the last ten days or so, another person who works there has been on vacation.  So me and the remaining coworker have not only had to do our own work, but the work of the injured coworker as the duties of the fourth person (not in our department).

In addition, we have been getting SLAMMED!  Normally, there may be 5 new clients when we arrive in the morning and we may get three more throughout the day.  But, in the last ten days or so, there have been like 8 when we arrive and we get an additional 5 or 6 through the day!  It's just crazy!  And we have had no chance to get caught up on anything.

Every day that I've been at work in the last ten days, has been hectic, extreme, and totally crazy insane nuts. Except for last Friday.  That day, despite being there by myself that day, everything went well, it wasn't hectic and I did managed to get a lil bit more done that I expected.  I hoped that everything would just go back to normal, but then Saturday...nope, on Saturday the chaos returned.

So I was thinking today, what was different about Friday.  And then it occurred to me.  On the way to work that day, a rabbit darted out in front of my car and I hit it.  It happened so fast, I couldn't even hit the breaks or slow down.  Poor thing.  I hate doing that.  I hoped that I killed him right off instantly, so that he wasn't laying in the road with a broken back unable to move or whatever.

But I figured what happened was that I had apparently made a sacrifice to the Work Gods and they went easy on me Friday.  But I didn't do that on Saturday, so that's why it was a rough day.

So I've decided that tomorrow morning, I need to make another sacrifice to I can have a good day.  Neighborhood cats running wild and free.....beware.

POLT

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do realize you're heading down into new religion territory there. Next thing you know you'll be sacrificing rabbits daily to appease the work gods.

Polt said...

With all due respect to john eliot, if it improves the work I've had to deal with during this horrendous week, I think I could take up rabbit sacrifice. :)

HUGS...

Michelle M. said...

Maybe the poor rabbit is haunting you now - but just on Saturdays.

stratcat45 said...

What do you think I can sacrifice to the work gods so I don't have to deal with "I'm the lead person in this office and I'm sick of people trying to take over" person in my office???

Polt said...

Well, Strat, I'd suggest sacrificing the person who thinks their the lead person....but I'm sure the legal system would frown upon that option.

POLT