Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 249)...

Chapter 12, Page 14...

Monday, I got up a bit early, for a Monday, showered, dressed and then headed out.  I went to the hospital to get blood taken.  no problem registering, not a long wait (and since I had my book with me, I dont think I would noticed a long wait anyway), and no pain from needle.  All in all, a good trip.

I then went to the Post Office to mail a package.  When I got there, I was 5th in line, with the guy at the counter have like 18 packages.  When he left the counter, there were like 7 people in line behind me.  They only had one window open!  And what, I heard someone say, was predicted to be the busiest day of the year for mailing things.  *SIGH*

Anyway, after this, I came home and just hug out.  I had leftover pizza.  I talked to the neighbors some.  I read my book.  I was on the computer.  Later in the afternoon, a fuckbuddy came by for some bedtimesexxyfun.  After he left, I just did more of the same. Oh, I did manage to wrap two gifts up.  I'm doing a few each day, makes it easier, I think.  Then I sat down to watch the Monday Night Football pre-game and some of the game.

For supper, I had some ring bologna, some cheese and some celery with ranch dressing.  And that was it.  Not a lot of carbs there at all.  And I went up to bed a bit before 9, read some, and then turned out the light and went to sleep.

about 1:30, I woke up to use the bathroom, and, as a few times before, I felt a bit dizzy, my face felt clammy, I felt a bit out of sorts.  So I went downstairs and checked my blood sugar: 51.  Wow, that's low!

So i had some more bologna and cheese, but this time I had chips with it.  And I had a box of Russell Stovers candy as well.  I ate this while reading my book, and I ended up having 6 pieces of chocolate.  Then, feeling better, I went up to bed and soon to sleep.

But, about 4am, I woke up because I had acid reflux: I could taste the bile in the back of my throat.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, considering how much junk I had eaten just a few hours earlier, and how I'd been laying down the entire time after that.  Not surprising at all.  So i got out of bed and went and drank some Mylanta.  I was going to go sleep in a recliner downstairs (this is what I had to do before.  When I was heavier, I'd get this like 2-3 times a year.  Since I've lost some weight, since I've been in the house, I think this is only the 2nd time this has happened over the past six years), I went back to bed, piled the pillows under my upper back and head and laid there.  It was uncomfortable, but at least there was no bile rising in my throat.  And I eventually, sometimes after that, did manage to get to sleep.

POLT

No comments: