Monday, December 28, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 361)...

Chapter 12, Page 26...

Saturday, I got up about 11.  I showered, dressed and then headed out. I went to Hallmark and got next year's Christmas cards (half off!), and then to the grocery store.  We were having the family Christmas this afternoon, I was to bring deviled eggs.  Christmas Eve I hard boiled the dozen eggs I had.  Christmas Day evening, I set out to make them, but.....the shells would not come off in anything other than tiny little pieces and the inner film that covers the eggs wouldn't come off either.  So I ended up ruining two eggs trying to get them ready. I just said screw it and I'd get a bag those pre-hard boiled and peeled eggs and use those.  So that's what I got at the store.

I brought them home and started to cut them in half....and I could NOT get the yokes to come out without ruining the white parts.  After destroying two eggs that way, I said fuck it and gave up.  I called mom and told her that we weren't going to have any deviled eggs, and explained what had happened.  She laughed and said she could make them, but I told her that's not why I called, I just wanted to let her know they wouldn't be there.  She said she was just sitting there knitting to pass some time, so she'd go out and make them.  And she did.  So we DID have eggs after all.

Until it was time to leave for mom's, I laid on the couch and read, was on the computer and even napped a bit.  Then I packed up all the gifts for my young cousins I had gotten and headed out.

When I got to mom's we loaded my stuff and her stuff into her car and we went to the home (there's an old folk's home that was there first, and the retirement village mom lives at rose up around it).  Grandma's in the home and can't get around well, so mom reserved the one room for us to have the family Christmas at.

We got there a bit early, but we helped my uncle and his wife set things up.  Then the family showed up...ALL of them.  Twenty eight people including the two year old and 15 month old!  YAY!  First time in many years all of us were together at Christmas.

We ate our fill.  We gave gifts to the 7 youngest cousins, and some to each other.  And a few to grandma.  We sat and socialized.  And then, about three hours later, we packed it all up and left.  

Mom and I went back to her cottage, and we were followed by three cars full of people, basically, all the cousins who had yet to see her place.  And so she gave them a tour, and we sat and talked a bit.  Then they all headed out.  I stayed for a short while and chatted with mom, then I too returned home here and unloaded the stuff from my car.

I settled in to watch the Washington-Philadelphia football game, but had a visit from an occasional fuckbuddy.  So we had some bedtimesexxyfun.  After he left, I watched most of the rest of the game, until at least 11:00pm.  The game wasn't over, but it was clear Washington was going to win, and I didn't need to see that.  So I went to bed, and being tired, I didn't read or anything, pretty much just turned out the light and went to sleep.

I didn't think to take but one pic during the family Christmas, but others there did take some.  Here's one I like:


That's my grandmother with her four kids (Mama Polt is of course second from the left).  Not meaning to be in the photo, but there anyway from this angle, is...ME!  Wearing the Santa hat (cause I hand out the gifts now) and that's my cousin-in-law Tiffany, with her elf ears hat on too.  She's my assistant, and I'm grateful to have her!  She gets all the gifts organized by person and then hands them to me to hand to the person.  I'd be lost without her organizational skills!

POLT

No comments: