Monday, December 21, 2015

Today was my quarterly visit to my doctor.  The most important info for me, as always, was my A1C (the long-term blood sugar count).  Here's the chart:


In case you can't read that last number, it is 7.6.  SEVEN POINT SIX! YAY!  In the last three months, I've knocked the level down one full point, from 8.6 to 7.6!  (just for context, non-diabetics are usually under 6.0.  Diabetics, my doctor, like to see our levels between 7.0 and 6.5).  So hell yeah to that!

I can't really take too much of the credit myself.  My diet is still, sorta, atrocious.  And while I WAS walking frequently back in September and October, I haven't been doing too much of that in November and December.  But what's made the difference, I'm sure, is the insulin.  We upped it to 35 units a night.  

Now, if I can get the diet under control, and increase the exercise, we may eventually be able to even cut back on the insulin.  That's the long term goal.


But frankly, I'm just so freakin' happy it's down to 7.6, well, I could dance a jig.  In fact, I may just join Conan O'Brien in doing this one!



Feel free to dance along, if the urge grips ya.

POLT


No comments: