Friday, December 25, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 359)...

Chapter 12, Page 24...

So Thursday, Christmas Eve, I had to work.  Which is not a problem because at work, the holidays are laid back without too many new clients coming in or too may problems.  Usually.  This year, however, was NOT usual.  In any sense of the word.

It was freakin' crazy!  There was a total of eight new clients.  A few were acting a little strange, one was certainly certifiable.  Just crazy shit.  And I was supposed to leave work at two (since either the county government or the Big Boss gave civilians two hours off if they worked the last day before the holidays.  Which I did.)  And it repeatedly looked like that wasn't going to happen.  Although, thankfully, in the end, I left about 2:10 instead of 2:00.  No problems.

On the plus side, thanks to a co-workers reminding me the day before, I ordered pizzas and had them delivered for the staff at lunch Christmas Eve. (I've done this the last, 4 or 5 years.  It's a nice gift to them all, and they all appreciate it)  So at least we had pizza for lunch.

But, because of all the chaos earlier in the day, I ended up getting a nagging headache.  When I got home, I just hung out here on the couch doing nothing, other than a load of towels through the laundry.  I read some.  I was on the computer some.  I napped a bit.

I wasn't feeling the Christmas spirit.  I was still stressed about on going issues here at home.  It's crazy warm here, like 70 degrees, on Christmas Eve (but don't worry, Global warming is just a hoax, ask any Republican!), it certainly doesn't feel like Christmas.

But I knew "It's A Wonderful Life" was on this night.  So, I had a glass of beers, refilling it once, and I watched the movie.  That helped somewhat increase my festiveness.  And when it ended, I was ready for bed, going up, reading just a short bit and then going to sleep.

POLT

No comments: