Monday, December 21, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 355)...

Chapter 12, Page 20...

This morning, I got up, showered, dressed, bought my morning Rutters coffee and then headed out to the ParisPeking household.  There (and waiting outside because he was eager to leave the 'leper colony' his house had become) was A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking.  We were talking out annual Christmas shopping pilgrimage. (And yes, we WERE doing it on the Sunday before Christmas because someone is trying to become a 'Doctor' and had classes or tests or papers or some such excuse and we couldn't go any earlier in the month.  But I digress....)

Instead of going farther away, like to York or Lancaster PA, or Annapolis MD, or Roanoke, VA, we just drove across the mountain to Frederick.  We HE drove, cause I'm not driving near a mall the weekend before Christmas.  So we drove through McDonald's for some breakfast.  Then getting to Frederick, he took me to the school he's a vice-principal at.  And showed me the current school, and the one they're building behind it.  The one behind will eventually become the school and the current one will become a parking lot.  But it was nice to see it anyway.

After this, we went to, in no particular order, Kohls, Best Buy, Barnes&Noble, walked through the mall, to the comic book store, and then finally, to aka Friscos.  Delicious meal, as always.  Also, every freakin guy that was working there, like all 6 of them, were freakin HOTT!  Yes, with two T's!  Amazing.  Oh, and the place was packed with people, even though we got there after 1 in the afternoon to eat.  We still managed to get a booth to sit in and enjoy our meal. (Well half of it, in my case, I had to bring half the sandwich home).

After this, we returned back to his place.  I transferred my purchases to my car and started for home.  I didn't make it directly, because I just went right back out to mom's cottage.  Once there, she and I packed up the stuff for tomorrow.  For the last ten years or more, she and I have taken her homemade cookies, fudge, brittle and other goodies into work and distributed them at various places around work for my coworkers to enjoy.  We also did this on the Monday before Christmas (since I have off that day).  Well this year, they were having the Christmas party lunch on that day, so she and I are just taking her goodies to the party, putting them on the buffet with everything else, and then we'll each lunch there too.  But together we had to pack up the goodies, and that's what I did out there.

Following this, I came home, changed into my lay-around-the-house clothes and vegged out watching football.  Although, later in the evening, I did succeed in wrapped gifts....nineteen of them suckers, before I got tired and stopped. I think I'll take care of the rest one other night this week.

At about halftime, I was tired, so I just went to up to bed, read a little and then turned out the light and went to sleep.

POLT


No comments: