Saturday, December 19, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 352)...

Chapter 12, Page 17...

Thursday, I got to work a smidge late (again).  I had the normal weekly paperwork to get done, which I did.  It wasn't a bad day.  Got gifts from the two coworkers in my department (I had taken my gifts in to them on Tuesday).  It rained all day, but I didn't get upset about it because it was unseasonably warm as well.  Had this been a normal December, it very well COULD have been snowing all day!

After work, I came home for a very short bit and then headed out again to mom's.  We were going to eat up at the dining hall at the manor there.  When I got there, she had to show me all the decorating she had done...pretty much every room but her bedroom had some sort of decoration in it.  Which is kinda surprising, since in the last couple years, she didn't do too much decorating at all around the house.

After this, instead of going to the Manor right away (because our reservation was a little ways off), we went to the Dollar Store and got a large, aluminum tray you can cook a turkey in.  We're going to use that to fill up with cookies, brittle, candy, etc, when we bring it all into my work for my coworkers, like we have for, maybe the last ten years or so.  After getting that, off we went to the Manor.

We had, as always, amazing food.  I had pork tenderloin, mac and cheese and green beans.  She had chicken parm with broccoli.  And as always the salad bar for both of us.  The salad bar, though small, is always very good.  And so were the main courses.

Afterwards, I took her home, we chatted a little bit and then I left and came home.  When I got there,  watched some football pregame and putzed around on the computer.  But since I had problems getting to sleep.the night before, I went up to bed before 9PM.  I read some, and then a little after ten, turned out the light and went to sleep...without problems!

POLT

No comments: