Monday, December 21, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 354)...

Chapter 12, Page 19...

Saturday, I got up and to work with no problem.  My stomach was still a little rough from the nacho bar/alcohol Friday night.  And I knew at lunch they were serving chili and rice.  So when I got my coffee from Rutters, I also order a ham and swiss on white with mayo, a nice innocuous lunch meal.

Work wasn't much of a problem.  I did all the new clients in the morning, then in the after putzed around with paperwork and such and talked to coworkers.  Not a bad day, all in all.

After work, as planned, I went right to mom's.  I picked her up and we went to Sheetz.  She had a card for 30 cents a gallon off gas, and she had just filled her car up.  So, since I was at a quarter tank left, we filled up mine.  I got gas for $1.82 a gallon.  Sweet.  Then, since we were out there, we ate supper at Applebees.  It was a nice meal, nothing to rave about, but nice.  We hit Wal-Mart for a few things, and then I took her home afterwards.

I came home and waited. A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking was supposed to come over and we'd watch the Jets-Cowboys game together.  But he call about an hour or so ahead of time to say the three girls had had the stomach flu and were puking and pooping all over the place, and NOW, Susan had started coming down with it.  So he was just going to stay home and take of his girls and his wife.

So I watched the football game by myself.  All the way to the disappointing, but not at all surprising, ending: a loss for Dallas in the last two minutes.  After this, since it was nearly 11;30, I watched the first half of SNL, and then went to bed.  Didn't read buy a few moments, turned out the light and went to sleep.

POLT

No comments: