Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 363)...

Chapter 12, Page 28...

Monday, I got up at 8:30, which is early for me on a day I'm off work, but I had plans.  I showered, dressed, grabbed my book, went to Rutters for coffee and then headed out to Derick's house.  He had wanted to get tested for HIV for some time, and now was the day we scheduled for me to drive him somewhere to get it done.

As we were driving to Chambersburg, I asked him to check the place we were going to make sure they were open and that he didn't need an appointment.  He said we were going to Planned Parenthood, but when he called them, the message said they weren't open.  He had another place in mind, and called them, but they didn't do HIV testing on Mondays.  However, the lady on the phone luckily suggested another place.  He got the address, he looked it up on his phone, and we headed out there.

This place was an Infectious Disease Clinic (!!!) and it was on the second floor above an Urgent Care.  When we entered the large waiting room, he went over to the window, and I took my book and coffee and went to the far corner to sit in a chair there.  There were only about three other people in the room, but none of them were near that corner.  And I didn't really want to be close to anyone in there...I didn't know if they had the flu or colds or what have you.

But Derick came over and sat next to me.  He said they DO take walk-ins and it IS a free test.  He said the lady said something about an oral test, and he didn't know what that was.  I told him the testing could be done by a blood draw or by a swab on the inside of your cheek.  That was what the oral test was.

So he was one his phone, I was reading my book, until they called his name.  And when he went inside, he was in there for quite a while.  I wondered what was taking so long, AND I was really glad I had brought my book along.  Eventually, he came out, we left the waiting room and as we were walking down the stairs, he high fived me and said, "Negative!"  We were both happy.

He said after doing the swab it was a 20 minute wait, and then they'd have the results, so that's what the delay was.  She gave him a little baggie of things: Condoms, lube, etc, etc, etc.    After this, we went to a local store he wanted to get something at.  And then I took him back home.  And at his suggestion, we had some bedtimesexxyfun.

After this, I came home.  I mailed some things, got gas for the car and got a few things at the grocery store that I forgot the day before.  I came home, put that all away, and did two loads of laundry.  While that was going on, I was on the computer, and I FINALLY finished the book I was reading on Richard The Lionheart.  I started the damn thing on November 22, and it took me OVER a month to get it done!  It was a long book, over 500 pages, and it had smallish print.  And I was into the book, but it still took me a long time to get through it.  But at least it's done.

Since there's only three more days left in the year, I'm not going to start a new book now.  I'll wait until the 1st of January to start a new one.  I dont like my books to overlap calendar years (yes I am a freak).  So I'll just do other stuff over the next couple days.

I also watched the football pre-game show, and wrapped the last three gifts I had (I'm giving them to their recipient on New Year's Eve) and then just vegetated on the couch until it was time to go up to bed.

POLT

No comments: