Sunday, July 25, 2010

A friend in need is a friend indeed, a friend with weed is better....

Yesterday at work, I got a call from A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking. It seems the missus had taken the girls and gone on vacation, leaving him at home because of some alumni thing he had over the weekend. And after he wandered around the too quiet, too uncluttered, too non-family filled house, he was craving ANY human interaction. I asked how long they had been gone. He said since 9am Friday morning. Since this conversation was taking place around 11am Saturday morning, I needled him rather fiercely about being a wuss and all. He admitted that he 'discovered the bachelor life was not for me'.

So after work, I drove to his place. Upon arriving I found curled up on the floor of the living room, in a fetal position, his duahters' Princess dresses draped across him, cuddling with thier various Princess/Dora/Spongebob toy and muttering repeatedly "the quiet, oh the quiet....too quiet, too quiet"

After bringing him back to reality, we went to Texas Roadhouse for supper than then went to Kohl's to buy something I needed. A trip to the mall followed, where we wandered looking for something else I wanted, but didn't find. I did, however, locate many MANY pieces of eye candy.

We went to the the grocery store to pick up some snacks to consume while we watched the season finale of Doctor Who. And our mantra for the day, anytime we left and air conditioned building into the oven like heat outside, was "It's hot as balls out here." Cracked me up everytime to hear him say it. But then I'm easily amused.

Upon returning to his place, we settled in to wait on Dr. Who. But as we sat there, with this a/c not yet totally kicked in and no air movement and me still in my jeans and workshirt that I worn, and sweated in, all day, I decided I'd rather just go home, sit in my own a/c with the ceiling fans going, and watch Dr. Who buck ass naked. Which we both agreed would not be a good thing to do as his house. SO I left and returned home.

I had an entertainging evening, even though I turned down a Mama Polt meal AND a potential hookup with a 27 year old to do this with him instead. But he was a friend in need, and I was gonna be hungry at some point anyway, and he always cracks me up. And so I did it. And I'm glad I did.

Wouldn't want him to remain in the state I found him any longer than he has to...

POLT

No comments: