Sunday, July 11, 2010

I never took you shopping and i ain't gonna start...

Today, I had an adventure, of sorts, with A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking. I needed to get some clothes for an upcoming project, and I needed to get some swimwear for the Puntabupoolparty I'll be attending the end of the month. (I HAVE a pair of swimming trunks, but I bought them back when I weighed 35 pounds more. Those certainly wouldn't fit me now.) And I asked ALCMDPP to accompany me.

Our day began roughly at 10:00, it ended roughly at 2:00. Somehow, with him, it seemed much MUCH longer. I thought I was quite the whiner, but after spending this time with him, well, who knew?

The day started with breakfast at Burger King. While I agree the service was below par, the food wasn't. Although listening to ALCMDPP you wouldn't know that. And there was even a photo of Taylor Lautner on the door. Sweet.

Then we drove the 45 minutes to Gettysburg. The Fat Man's Store (as I call it) at the outlet center there. Much to our dismay, there was also a car show at the outlet center, closing down the main area. But we just parked behind the store and walked through an alley to the Fat Man's Store. Once inside, I couldn't find anything I had wanted, although I bought two t-shirt and a belt anyway.

After this, we drove the 40 minutes to Chambersburg. We ate first at Fuddruckers. Then we went to Target and Micheal's, where I got a pair of swimming trunks and thought I had found what else I needed...but it turned out I didn't. Then we played some miniature golf, which I lost by ONE point. Dammit. We had a bet that the loser had to pay, but since ALCMDPP had already paid, we decided I'd buy the meal the next time.

Following this, we came back to my house, hung out a bit, talked and then he left. All in all a good day. I had wanted to keep track of all the witty, pithy quotes we said throughout the day as well as take many pictures documenting our adventure. Unfortunately, I sucked at both. I only got the following quotes:

"Are we having fun yet?" "I'd be having more fun if I had a statue." - David
"Are we on team Edward or Jacob?" "On Jacob. Seriously, I want to be on Jacob, I mean literally on TOP of Jacob!" - Polt
"Don't be snide." "I think of it as my greatest quality." "I think it's your only quality." - Polt

Yeah, you feel the love? And as for the photos, well, I got one. The mini-golf 'greens' were in fact all different colors: yellow, red, blue, orange, and yes, PURPLE! So here's a photo of me at the purple green, and if you can see, I'm using a purple ball, natch!


POLT

2 comments:

that's J-O-S-H said...

I love mini-golf. So fun! I love Target. So cheap! I hate Burger King. So painful too my bowel movements!

Tam said...

I should have taken Nathan mini-putting last night insted of driving them all over Quebec and getting half-way lost. Our's isn't purple though. Sigh.