Thursday, July 29, 2010

Vacation all I ever wanted...

Stress, anxiety and nervousness, thy name is Polt.

Well, no not really. Today at work was a bit hectic, cause as it was the last day before vacation everything HAD to get done today. And the bottoom line is, it WAS all done when I left. Yay.

However, this week has been one of stress. First there was stress over my dentist appointment, which turned out well, and then stress over my uncle's condition, which is still turning out well, and then stress about packing for vacation and getting things organized, which took longer than I thought but worked itself out. And then this evening, there was stress about getting to my cousin's house. She lives in Harrisburg, about 20 minutes from the train station. So I made arrangements to come up here this evening and spend the night. Thus, I won't have to get up or leave so early in the morning tomorrow, and I won't have to fight a LOT of rush hour traffic over a long distance then either. Oh, there'll BE rush hour traffic, but only about ten minutes of it, as opposed to the hour and a half of it I could have had had I not come up here tonight.

So yeah, I'm typing this from her house, in the spare bedroom. Pretty nice place she and her fiance have. We chatted, watched some crap on TV and then I came up to bed.

I'm still kinda slightly worried tomorrow, cause I still have to get to the train station and find a place in the parking garage, then ride the train to Penn Station (all of which I've done before) and then at Penn Station, find the Long Island Railroad terminal and get a ticket to the correct stop (which I have NOT don't before). AND, I have to do it all alone. And yeah, I know I'm a big boy and all, and yeah, I know it's all gonna work out well, but I just get a smidge anxious about all this until it's finally done.

And once I'm actually ON the train out to Long Island, then I can perhaps breathe a sigh of relief. And get a bit excited because I have the DISTINCT honor of being picked up at the station by no other the Craiggers himself! I KNOW!!!! He's taking me from the stop to the hotel. Yeah, even I'M asking myself how I rated such awesome treatment! (Personally, I think it's just cause Craiggers is an awesome guy)

So I've got a few predone generic daily posts lined up and ready to go. And I'm certain I'll pop in periodically to let you all know just what an awesomely incredible time I am having, but by and large, I kinda think posting this weekend is gonna be kinda light.

But that just means I'll have to have great huge posts early next week detailing what happened! have a great weekend, one and all!

POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

Have a safe trip and see you tomorrow. Squeeee. Not that I didn't see you four weeks ago, but hey, never too often. I get to drive through (around?) NYC to get there so I'm feeling a bit on the nervous side as well, but it will be fine I'm sure. :-)

Anonymous said...

You do know Long Island is just a stones throw over the water from Rhode Island.