Friday, July 02, 2010

Muscles twitch for a brand new switch....

What an unusual feeling it is not to have to work tomorrow. Since Feb of 1997, my work schedule has been Tuesday through Saturday each week. Occasionally I can get off a Saturday, but as I'm always the ONLY one in my department there Saturday, I've always had to have a co-worker work for me. Therefore, I always have to have a good reason to take off.

But tomorrow, the town I live is having all their Fourth Of July festivities, the parade, 'jubiliee', fireworks, etc. And Mama Polt and I and a few family members will be doing celebrating also. And I'll have nothing going on the actual Fourth of July. So I decided to switch my days off, take Saturday off, and go in and work on Sunday.

As I sit here, I keep thinking, "I need to get to bed soon, I have to work tomorrow." Only I don't. And I don't have anything 'big' planned. Basically, I'm gonna get to sleep in and do nothing on a Saturday. And I can't even recall the last time I did that.

What a unique feeling. One that I could get used to. Good thing I won't have the opportunity, I could get spoiled by this.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Sleeping in is one of my favorite things to do! Enjoy, and have a great 4th of July weekend!