Monday, July 26, 2010

Makes me anxious at times unbearably so...

Today was my dentist appointment. You may recall I was just a smidge nervous about the whole thing. Well, it went must better than I anticipated. Swimmingly, even.

The dentist is freindly, jovial, understanding and just the right amount of talkative (he doesn't talk to me when he's got a drill or a pick in my mouth, but he does make appropriate small talk at the appropriate times). I explained I was going out of town on vacation this weekend and didn't want any big work done, but did want him to fix the loose filling I had. He said since I was going out of town, he wanted to look at the filing first and make sure it wasn't too big of a deal. Which it wasnt.

I talked to him about the tooth extractions and explained how I had VERY bad experiences before and how I was going to need to be unconscious for them to be removed. He said he couldn't do put me to sleep but he could refer me to someone who could. Which he did.

And then he went about checking out, removing and repairing two fillings I had in the lower right side of my mouth. I wasn't even aware of having the second one, but, well, obviously I did and just put it out of my memory. And he did it quickly, and painlessly. Oh, he even used a numbing agent on my gums before he injected me with the novocaine, never had that done before.

So all the stress and worry I was experiencing was really or nought...which i knew was the case, but I couldn't help it. Now, I just have to make through the time period until I have to be put under to have the teeth ripped out of my head. Yeah, that'll be a fun time.

POLT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate the dentist. Yours sounds good though.