Friday, July 30, 2010

When an angel cries like runaway trains...

I've made it to Long Island safely and soundly. Now a bit of relaxation before dinner with friends, some meeting in person for the first time!

Things I've learned so far on my trip:

1) Sebastian, my car, can, in contrast to what I expected, go 87 miles per hour. And do it quite well.
2) Veritable hordes of cute Asian twinkies take the Amtrak train from Harrisburg to New York! Who knew?
3) It's not easy to purchase, carry and eat a soft pretzel and small Coke while carrying an overstuffed backpack and even more overstuffed suitcase around the crowds at Penn Station. But it CAN be done.
4) "Guidos" really DO exist, and trios of them ride the Long Island Railroad. And much to my shame, I realized they CAN be quite hot. Physically only, not attitude-wise or anything.
5. Craiggers looks better in the Canada t-shirt (see #1 on the list) in person than he does in photos!

Now, hopefully, a shower and lay-down time before consumption of food, and perhaps too much drink, with awesome people. Updates likely to be sparse over this weekend, but who knows?

POLT

No comments: