Monday, August 24, 2015

Fear takes my breath away, I'm saving my skin...

Last night I watched, with StratCat, the 90 minute pilot episode of "Fear The Walking Dead."


It was okay.  Nothing special, but it did a very good job of setting everything up: introducing the character, the situation, and showing how it all began.    There were a few examples of the lazy writing that leads to stupid character actions that I've come to associate with some of the regular Walking Dead episodes.  But by and large, it was entertaining.

The name, however, sucks.  Seriously, they couldn't come up with ANY better name than that?  "The Walking Dead 2" "The Walking Dead West" "The Walking Dead, Los Angeles" "The Walking Dead: The Beginning".  Yeah, not all of those are great either, but I think they're all better than "Fear the Walking Dead".  oh well.

I must say, though, the eye candy was quite prevalent.  I dont recall seeing so many cute guys in one show that isn't about cute hot guys specifically.  I mean, the show starts out with Nick in a tight shirt, but hanging wide open, showing off his slim smooth chest.  In fact, we see him walking around and running through a church and the street dressed exactly the same way.  That was a pleasant way to begin a show.  See:


Nice smooth twink sagging.

But let's look at the rest of the cute guys:

Fashion model cute drug dealing attempted murderer, Calvin.

Father hating son Christopher

Disappearing boyfriend Matt.

Sleeping in class student Russell.

And hey, even the random dead guy getting his face gnawed on was pretty cute.

All this makes me optimistic for the future of this show, what with all the hot guys so far.  Makes up for the relative lack of hot guys in the main Walking Dead series.

Although, I did find it humorous that the black guys are getting turned first: Calvin, for sure, and possibly Matt.  And the school's principal is black, and I'm pretty sure I saw him staggering down the hallway in a preview of next week's episode.

At any rate, I'll be sticking with the show, I'm looking forward to seeing just how society collapses.  And collapses without a President Trump in the White House.  Course society would ceratinly implode much quicker in the second scenario...but I digress.....

POLT






No comments: