Monday, August 24, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 236)...

Chapter 8, Page 23...

Sunday, my tooth was still hurting.  I kept taking the anti-biotic for the other tooth, and taking Advil, but neither of those things did anything for the second tooth issue.  When I got up, I showered and dressed and waited on Mom to come by.  She needed to go to Hagerstown for some things, and asked me to go along.  I told her how my jaw was feeling, and she said I didn't have to go, but I said I wanted to go anyway. Either way, I'd have a painful jaw, but I might as well be out and about, with things to take my mind off of it.

We decided to eat at Panera Bread.  I was going to just get the soup, as that would easy to eat.  But as I got to the register to order, I instead got my usual: The You Pick Two, with a chicken Caeser Salad and ham and swiss sandiwich.  I just ate slowly, chewed carefully and only on the other side of my mouth, and made it all the way through.  Until the final bite, which consisted of the last potato chip.  When I was chewing it, the two teeth tapped together, and then pain shot down into my jaw.  Ugh.

We went to Best Buy and braved Wal-Mart and then came back home.  I helped her get something from the house and pack up some stuff for her to take out to the cottage.  And when she left, I walked back home.  The rest of the day I hung out here.  I read, watched some TV, was on the computer. I napped on the couch.  I had a TV dinner, again making sure I chewed slowly and carefully.

StratCat came over later in the evening to watch the pilot episode of "Fear The Walking Dead".  We had snacks and Asti while we watched it.  When it was over, she went home, I went to bed, read some, took a painkiller and went to sleep.

i woke up at 3AM to take my next dose of the anit-biotic, and still had some pain, despite only having taken the Ibuprphen 800 four hours ago.  But I decided, screw it, I wanted to pain to go away to I could sleep, and I took another one.  And I went back to bed and to sleep, and slept very well through the rest of the night.

POLT

No comments: