Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 231)...

Chapter 8, Page 18...

Tuesday, aka MOVING DAY!

I somehow got up and got to mom's house about 7:10 am (with my Rutters' coffee in hand).  The movers were already there and had a whole bunch of stuff out on the sidewalk.  A local church has a group of guys (there were 11 helping mom) who do this, with truck, trailers and even a UHaul that's been donated for this purpose.  They don't charge, they just take donations, so mom will send a donation their way later.

Anyway, they had everything out of the house she was taking and loaded up before 800. I'd guess.  And then we all made the trek out to her place.  Nearly each and every one of them commented on how great it was that she had each room in the house numbered and had put notes on the walls where she wanted all the furniture and such.  They had everything unloaded and inside about 900, I think.  And then off they went.

Now over the previous weeks, we had already made countless car, van and pickup runs out to the cottage with stuff that we dropped off and mostly just put in the garage.  Including all the drawers from all the furniture she had.  Not having to mover that stuff cut back on what they had to do.  But they got it all in there (and there was one mover who was quite a bit of eye candy, and I DID enjoy helping him, especially, make sure all the stuff he was carrying in got to the right room and the right place in the room.  But I digress....).

Then mom and I set to work.  We rearranged some things, because not everything fit in the bedroom and the den as she had planned.  And put all the drawers away.  And unloaded a few more boxes.  And then, about noon, when we were tired, we went to Chambersburg so she could return something to KMart and then we ate lunch at Red Lobster.  Following this, we both went to out  places to rest a bit, and then later in the afternoon, I went to her house and picked up few other things to pack my car with and take out, and helped her unpack more stuff.  I also called in and took Wednesday off work so I could help her in the morning then too.

IN addition to all this, about 930, I called the dentist and left a message asking him to call in an anti-biotic for me.  The night previous, my jaw, where I'm sure I have an abscess again, hurt some, not real bad, but enough.  And I figured I had waited long enough, that it clearly wasn't just 'going to go away on it's own', and I needed to do something about it.

When I got home to rest in the afternoon, I walked to the office (the dentist is right across the street from me) and they handed me a script for an antibiotic, and I asked them for a mild pain killer too.  not because it hurt now, cause it didn't, but I was concerned it might get more painful before the antibiotic started doing it's job.  I went to CVS and filled them, and then when I got home (at 3PM) I took the first pill.  I'm supposed to take them every 8 hours, but I'm actually taking them more like 7.5 hours or so.

After watching some TV and being on the computer, I went to bed, took a painkiller (ibuprophen 800 mg) just in case, read some, and then went to sleep.

POLT

No comments: