Sunday, August 23, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 235)...

Chapter 8, Page 22....

Got up for and to work with little issue.  I had thought it was going to be a pretty busy day, but it turns our it was just a normal Saturday: I handled to new clients in the morning, took care of paperwork in the afternoon.

But, after lunch, I had an issue.  My abscessed tooth is doing okay, I've got one more day of anti-biotics left. I dont know that it's totally gone, but the pain is, so we'll see.  But the tooth UNDER the one that's abscessed, it's got a crown on it as well, and after lunch, for some reason, it started hurting!  It hurt all freakin' day.  All the time, but especially when the tooth above it tapped the crown!  A sharp pain shoots down into my gums.  Doesn't hurt if I touch the gums with the tongue.  Doesn't hurt if I touch the crown with my tongue, but it DOES hurt as described above.

And the pain did not decrease through out the day.  Despite it, I did manage to take a 40 minute nap in the early evening on the couch.  In the evening, the pain went up and down, depending, but it never went away.  I also got the comptuer, read some magazines, read my book some, and then, from 8-1130, watched the BBCAmerica presentation of the last David Tennant Doctor Who two parter: End Of Time.  Not the best, but the last few minutes where he goes and says goodbye to everyone...that parts amazing.

After this, I went to bed, and simply could NOT fall alseep.  Dont know if it was the pain (despite the Ibuprophen 800 I had taken...it took the edge off yes, but it still hurt a bit) or the nap I took, but sleep was avoiding me.  Until sometime after 1, I finally drifted off.

I had set my alarm for 3AM, so I could keep taking the anti-biotic on schedule, and after taking it, I had some issues getting back to sleep again.  I had been sleeping with the fan on and the window open, and while it wasn't hot in the room, it wasn't really cool either.  So despite the cool temps outside, I shut the window and turned on the a/c and then I went back to bed and slept rather soundly, moreso than before, at any rate.

POLT

No comments: