Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Someone book me a room (part 237)...

Chapter 8, Page 24...

So I got up Monday with my lower jaw still hurting.  I called the dentist office and left a message.  Then I just putzed around here doing the normal shit, and a load of laundry.

At like 2pm, after hearing nothing from them, and since the office is literally right across the street from my house, I just walked over. I found the office open, and much to my surprise, the assistants were there too, but no dentist.  They were basically answering the phones.  His one main assistant asked me to get in the chair and she looked at it.  She came up with three possibilities, but none of them sounded correct to me: a gum problem, bruising, or another abscess but below this tooth.  At any rate, they got me started on a stronger antibiotic and a stronger painkiller (generic Vicodin).  I started the antibiotic right away, but didn't take the Vicodin until I went to bed, just so it would help me sleep.

During the afternoon, I did the regular stuff again, watching quite a bit of TV, and taking a pleasant nap on the couch.

And then, when it was time for bed, that's where I went, read some and to sleep.

POLT

No comments: