Friday, June 04, 2010

Tooth by tooth it's tearing up inside of me every day...

I've mentioned before about the problems I was having with my one tooth: a quarter of it broke off, and then a few weeks later, the filling fell out, and then a few weeks after that, another quarter of it broke off. Thankfully, all through this, I have had absolutely NO pain at all. Which frankly mystifies me, and also worries me a bit. But it hasn't worried me enough to make a dentist appointment. (also, there's the whole bit of wanting to change dentists and having to change insurance and stuff that's factored in, but basically, it's mainly cause there's no pain. I just can NOT tolerate tooth pain, especially when caused by a dentist working on my teeth. But I digress...)

So yesterday, several times while I was eating, I could hear a slight cracking sound in my mouth near the area of that tooth. And it was while eating things that I didn't have to crunch on. And then, in the afternoon, while I still at work, I could feel with my tongue, a crack in the tooth. Oh, THAT made me feel great! I mean, I knew it was just a matter of time before it broke and there might be pain involved, which was my one great worry.

And I'll break here to request that people please not leave me comments telling me to get to the dentist, and how I need to have better tooth hygiene, and how if I go now, any pain later might not be as bad, cause I already KNOW all that stuff. I just don't like dentists. So, returning to my story.

The fear was enough in me that I made a call to the dentist that I want to start going to (I don't really like my old dentist anymore) and made an appointment. For June 28th. *SIGH* I just hoped the tooth would hold out until then.

BUt, that night, as I was brushing my teeth, a chunk of what remained broke off. I still had about a quarter of the tooth left, and I also had a sharp inverted triangle part sticking down too. I figured I scratch my tongue all up on that, but what could I do. At least it was still painless.

And then, this morning, as I'm having my breakfast (a donut of all things), that pointy sharp part just flicks off too. And still, no pain.

So now, with that tooth, I'm left with a quarter of it hanging down. The rest of my tooth is basically even with my gums. And while I'm glad there's no pain, I'm worried, cause I don't know if the dentist will allow the tooth to remain or if he'll want to pull it. Which i hope he doesnt, cause that too involves pain. And have I mentioned I do NOT like tooth pain?

Oh, well, nothing much I can do now until June 28th. But kids, take this as a lesson to you: Don't be like Uncle Polt and ignore tooth problems! Get them looked at right away!

Do as i say, NOT as I do!

POLT

3 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Sorry to hear about your tooth troubles. Glad to hear you mad an appointment to take care of things.

tornwordo said...

Dude, it's coming out and you're looking at five grand for an implant. I'd tsk tsk you but I'm sure you're already doing that to yourself.

Polt said...

Okay, Torn, 1) I have pretty good insurance, so even if everything occurs as you say, it wont cost ME five grand, 2) if there's no pain in the tooth, I'm not going to LET him rip it out and 3) even if it HAS to come out, it's the last tooth in the back of my mouth, so I don't need a replacement! Oh and 4) stop with the tsk tskin! :)

HUGS...