Friday, June 11, 2010

Bits-N-Pieces
I use my phone as my alarm clock. I plug it in every night, set it for 6:15am, and go to sleep. This morning, at 6:15, it went off. I hit the button...and nothing happened. I hit it again, and nothing. I hit the button on the other side, and nothing. I sat up, thinking I just wasn't awake enough, and hit both buttons again, and still it kept playing. I flipped it open and on the screen were the words, "Please Wait" and a pretty background. Which I had never seen before. And when I shut it, it still kept playing.

I shoved it under a pillow to muffle it so as to not disturb the woman who lives in the other side of the house and who's bedroom shares a common wall with me. And it kept playing, although muffled. This had never happened before and I was at a loss as to what to do. I figured after several playthroughs, or enough time it would just shut off. But I was wrong. After more time had passed and it was still playing, I took it out from under the pillow, pushed both buttons again, no change. Opened it and got the "Please Wait" message and nothing. I though about trying to take the battery out, and then I thought about just turning it off. And it went off easily.

I turned it back on, and all was normal. Even when I set it for 7:00. And when the time arrived, I turned it off like normal. I have no idea what spirit possessed it this morning. I fear maybe this is an early indicator that I may need a new phone, as it is 4 years old. I mean some people go through 4 phones in a single year. Well, we shall see, although I really don't need the expense of a new phone right now.
*******************************************
Mom called me at work today and asked if I had any plans for dinner. When I said no, she said, "Well do you want to stop by for steaks on the grill, fried potatos and corn?" Wha-SURE! Pffft like anyone in their right mind would turn down Mama Polt steaks on the grill!
*******************************************
There's a lady I work whom I'll call BB. She's in a differnet department from me and we don't have all that much interaction with each other. When we have interacted, its always been cordial and friendly, but not intimate, if you know what I mean, only really small talk or work related stuff.

Anyway, she came into my office this week and shut the door. The conversation went as follows:
ME: If this has to deal with (client's name)'s whining, I have nothing to do with it.
BB (Smiling): No, this is a personal matter.
ME:...okay?
BB: Are you seeing anyone?

ME (A bit stunned): Um...no?
BB: Well my brother-in-law lost his partner a few years back and he's, well...he's lonely.
ME (doing the Awkward Robot Dance inside my mind):Oh-kay. Well, as I said I'm not seeing anyone, but I'm not really looking for anyone right now anyway.

BB: Well I just don't want to see anyone lonely.
ME: Okay, well as I said I'm not really looking to date anyone now, but if I run into you somewhere and he's with you, please introduce us. Can't ever have enough friends.
BB (opening door and leaving): Well, I was thinking of everyone's well being.

ME (laughing): Oh, BB, you crack me up sometimes.

.......What the FUCK, right? I mean, I kinda get what she was trying to do, but...wow...awkward! I mean, we never discussesd our personal lives ever before...I never even knew she HAD a brother-in-law! How freaky....albeit, kinda sweet too.
*******************************************
I'm not sure why, but coworkers are coming to me for relationship advice. A coworker is having problems with his wife and has been asking for advice in how to deal with it. He's also having issues with his teenaged son and been coming to me with it. And a different coworker is asking me dating advice with this guy she's seeing. I tell what I think is best, but always end it with "But remember, I've not been in a real relationship in years" or "but remember I've never been married" or "But remember, I don't have any kids." And yet they still keep coming back.

I must have an advice-giving kinda face. Kinda like Dear Abby.
********************************************
And, as we always end Bits-N-Pieces, some eye candy:

Granted, he's a bit on the....lean side, but hey, he's got a hairthing and fills out the undies quite well. And really, in the end, that's all I require for a nice piece of eye candy!

POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

Awwww. You have that wise kind of face, or they figure you're old and even if you haven't been married you've seen enough. LOL

I have a bit of an issue with "meddlers" who just want to see everyone "happy" which means THEIR definition of happy, whatever that is. It's like those annoying people who are getting married an suddenly try to set up all their friends because they want EVERYONE as happy as they are. Sigh. Oh well, at least your life is never dull.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tam - they think that you have to be with someone to be happy - so not true!!! And why did they assume you were lonely?? They just "assume" that because you both don't have anyone, well then you MUST be made for each other - lol!!