Thursday, June 10, 2010

Here comes the drums, here comes the drums...

We know (from THIS post) that since last week's I've been all about "Bohemain Like You" by The Dandy Warhols. I discovered that if I put my cd player in the car on repeat, it took 8 playings for me to get from work to home. I whistled it in the halls of work as I walked somewhere. I even sang the lines out in my office one afternoon (luckily, I had shut the door first). Thanks again, Michelle M.!

Well,yesterday, thanks to john, I have a new song that I'm obsessing over: "Voodoo Child" by The Rogue Traders:


When I first heard the song, I knew I knew it from somewhere, and it soon hit me: Season finale of the second season of the tenth Doctor Who! I remembered the song from that episode, but I didn't even know it was a real song, I thought the few lines of words and music were just written for that episode.

So I played that particular song over a few times in my car, and I may or may not have been dancing in my seat as I drove, possibly or not possibly making drumming motions with my hands and arms and might or might not have been singing it out at the top of my lungs whilst the wind blew in the windows and carried the cacophony out over the countryside.

POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

Okay, so I may or may not have been dancing in my work chair. I must download that one. Loves it. (I already had last weeks)

john said...

BABY, BABY, BABY!!!! You are my voodoo child, my voodoo child! I love that song. Did you recognize the other surprises?