Sunday, June 20, 2010

Take time with a wounded hand 'cause it likes...

So to give you all an idea of what I've been dealing with, here is a photo of my wound:


It's about the size of a dime. And it's open and seeping. The area about the size of a half-dollar surrounding it is swollen, raised, hard and somewhat painful. Yeah, loads of fun.

Twice a day, after unwrapping it, cleaning it with a sterile bandage and some anti-bacterial soap stuff from work, I put a small dollop of anti-biotic cream on it. Then I hold a sterile bandage while Mama Polt wraps it up in...well, bandage wrap. This is the arm fully wrapped:


And yes, totally by chance, the color of the roll I was given is...PURPLE! In addition, the doctor drew a line around the red swollen part of my arm so the next time it was looked at, they could see how bad it had been. The color pen she used to do this was was...PURPLE! Totally by chance! Yay!

There's always a purple lining to even the darkest of clouds!

POLT

2 comments:

that's J-O-S-H said...

Your love of the color purple could very well rival my love of Fla-Vor-Ice, waking up at 7 in the morning to go running and one-hit wonders!

Anonymous said...

I hope it gets better soon Polt. Hell of a thing to end up with an MRSA infection.