Monday, June 21, 2010

Things are bound to be improving these days...

So today, I had to get my arm looked at again. It has improved markedly since the shot on Friday and the constant anti-biotics I've been taking. I had planned on going back to urgent care, but when I woke up this morning, I thought instead I'd try to get to see my regular doctor, since he's presumably the one who will be dealing with it long term.

I called the office, was told my doctor was in, but couldn't see me, however I could see another doctor in the practice. So I was on my to a 10:30 appointment. I, in fact, liked this doctor better than my regular doctor. He listened to my story, took notes, and looked at the wound. He felt around the hole, probing the swollen area. It didn't hurt, thankfully. He said he was feeling for a pocket of pus underneath the skin that they'd have to get out of there. Thankfully, he didn't find any, so none of the dreaded squeezing. He wrapped it up, told me to continue doing what I was doing, that I was doing a job and that he wanted to see me again on Friday to check it's progress. He said once these things turn the corner, as this one apparently had, it's usually smooth sailing to recovery. Man was THAT a relief to hear! He also advised that if they DID have to lance a pocket of pus, he'd send me to a surgeon, have them numb it and then do it that way. No squeezing with no anesthetic! YAY!

Thurday night into Friday was definitely the worst the this whole experience. Since then, the swelling in the elbow is almost totally gone, pain has been almost non-existant (although I did take another Vicadin when I got back, it throbbed a bit from his prodding. Nothing really bad, but since I paid for the damn pills and had nowhere else to go today, why not take one?), and the mobility has increased. It does seem, after the shot and new pills, it has turned the corner and is improving!

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and encouragement!

Strangely, I do hope I have a smallish scar there when it's all healed. It'll be a helluva a story (what with all the embellishments I'm certain I'll add to it to make it more exciting), and proof of what I went through. I'd hate to go through all this crap only to have everything return entirely to normal and nothing to show for it. Just a small scar though, that's all, just a small one.

POLT

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poly, honey, you don't know me. I'm one of Tam's friends. I just had to comment and say you poor thing! Just looking at the picture of your arm makes me hurt for you! I'm glad that it's improving.

Polt said...

Why thanks for the well wishes, Eyre! Any friend of Tam's is a friend of mine! :)

Come back often, and comment often-er. :)

HUGS...

Michelle M. said...

Scars are sexay!

Glad you're feeling better : ).