Thursday, June 24, 2010

I recieved some bad news today. Richard Parker, Enrico's pet hampster, died. Richard Parker, in his short two year life, became an Internet phenomenon, among those who knew him. He was even a contestant in the Project Runway thingee, making his own outstanding outfits despite not having opposable thumbs.

I always looked forward to Richard Parker posts, as they always made me smile.

I'll say to all what I've already said to Enrico: remember the good times. Richard Parker's life was short, by our standards, but normal, I'm told, for a hampster. But although it was short, it was apparently a contented happy one. And he brought much joy to many.

I pilfered some photos off Enrico's blog to show the awesomeness that was Richard Parker.


Richard Parker in his cutest photo: he's in a little teacup.


Shhh, don't tell anyone Richard Parker has a secret identity.


Richard Parker in a stylish hat.


Is he not adorable????


And my favorite photo of Richard Parker and Enrico ever!

Rest In Peace, little one. You will be missed.

POLT

4 comments:

john said...

The teacup picture is my favorite of all time, but I forgot just how cute he was in that little sock. I had also forgotten how nice the picture of he and Enrico is....Richard Parker had a great life and he will be missed.

Anonymous said...

I had a hamster once. She was very cute.

One of the funniest things she'd do is if you gave her a piece of romaine lettuce. She'd tuck the whole leaf in her cheeks and they'd balloon out.

Michelle M. said...

That little hamster could not have been any cuter.

That was a sweet tribute, Polt.

Tam said...

A lovely tribute. He was a special little guy.