Saturday, August 07, 2010

BITS-N-PIECES
Comic books not only gave me a love of reading that continues even today. But I realized recently it also helped me with my spelling. There are two words specifically it helped with. I had issues with the word tomorrow, unsure if it was spelled with two m's or two r's. But then I remembered the old JLA villiam T.O.Morrow, and that told me all I needed to know. And I had issues with the word bizarre, again unsure if it had two z's or two r's. But once I remembered Superman's enemy Bizarro, well that made it all clear. See comics aren't all just about the funny drawings.
******************************************
Does anyone else other than me do the "what was I doing last week" thing? Like this morning at one point as I was doing paperwork, I looked at the clock and thought, "this time last week, I was taking a walk with Harry and FDot." And last night once I thought, "This time last week I was shoveling all that Mama's Delight pasta into my mouth". I'm sure tomorrow I'll have a few of those moments as well. And even on Monday as well. I just wonder if I'm the only one that does this?
******************************************
I have been having THE hardest time getting back into the swing of things this week. I've been having trouble getting up in the morning, getting motivated to do ANYTHING at work, and in fact to even do anything around here. I dont understand why. I mean, it's not like I slept in until noon each day on vacation. It's not like I was up until well past midnight each night. And I was only off work for 5 days, not like it was two weeks or anything. I just hope I get over all this soon. I guess there was just too much excitement on the Puntabuvacation.
******************************************
Several times I've been told the Kill Bill Vol.2 is just as good as Kill Bill Vol.1. I have to disagree. I totally and thoroughly enjoyed Vol. 1. There was humor, excitement, story advancement and incredible action and fight scenes. I had expected Vol. 2 to be that way as well. And perhaps that was the problem. Except for the Uma Thurman/Darryl Hannah fight scene, the rest of it pretty much drug and bored me to tears. Too much talking and gabbing and conversating and not enough action and fighting. VUBOQ advised that it was more cerebral than Vol. 1. While I would hesitate to call ANY Tarantino film cerebral, I think he's correct. And there's nothing wrong with cerebral, talky films. Except that's NOT what I was expecting from Vol. 2. Probably that's where my disappointment and dissatisfcation arises from.
*******************************************
I didn't used all of the photos I took during the Puntabupoolpartyweekend in my posts, there were others I didn't post. I've uploaded all of them (including several others had posted that I stole copies of) to my Flickr account. If anyone's interested in seeing them, they should be able to be accessed HERE.
*******************************************
I normally end these with an eye candy photo. However, I think this time I'll end it with an eye candy video. One that I have to thank Tam for, cause she's the one who posted it first (once Kristin sent her the link to it! yeah, we did corrupt the poor girl.). And even if you've seen it before, it's really worth a second or third look.


Especially at
:13
:34
:45
1:07
1:42
1:46
Not that I've watched it closely or repeatedly or anything.

POLT

3 comments:

BosGuy said...

Damn, I'm superficial.

Tam said...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be totally unmotivated when I go back to work tomorrow. I'm unmotivated today to unpack suitcases and get to the grocery store for some food. :-)

I don't tend to look back like that, nor have I seen Kill Bill. Glad you enjoyed the "music", Kristen will be happy to know it's been passed on. :-)

Anonymous said...

lol cool clip. watched it over and over.

if you convert it to hardrive, when you open it, the player screen expands to HUGE. now i can even see some pimples!